UPDATE 10/28/14: My reverted EC book is no longer for sale at 3rd party vendors.
I appreciate all of the support, especially on Twitter #notchilled. My main purpose with this post was simply to provide screenshots that could be used as proof for anyone who mentioned me or my experience online. After EC sued DA, I feel the responsibility of making sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else, at least in regards to what is said about my situation. If you’re stating true facts, there should be no lawsuit (I am not a lawyer).
I did have email communication with Patty Marks, to explain what was going on, and she did respond quickly and professionally. I let her know I had sent iBooks and ARe DMCA’s and that they were working on it, and she sent another to ARe from my understanding. I am pleased with how EC handled the takedown. But I’m disappointed they sued DA, and I can’t condone that action.
Below are some true facts.
If you are one of my readers, I’m sorry this post got in the way of all the sexy! (maybe skip over to this Giveaway?)
I’m not asking my readers to do (or not do) anything at all — don’t worry about it!
I’m just grateful you buy my books and support me writing you even more.
I love you guys.
The image below contains my reversion of rights letter for Chastity Belt from Ellora’s Cave, a screen shot of the same book still being sold by EC via third-party retailers, what my own legit version looks like, and this note from me:
Since speculation is already out about this online, I want to offer “proof” for any blogger who had mentioned this. (in case they get sued?) INAL but it’s not libel if it’s true…
- I did not want to have to jump into the fray, especially with Ellora’s Cave suing DA (kinda puts a chill on free speech without self-censorship).
- EC gave me my start in 2010, and for that I am forever GRATEFUL!
- Please note that this “collage” is in NO WAY meant to be disrespectful to iBooks or ARe, both of whom are open to DMCA (recently sent) and are working it out on their end.
- I DO NOT believe EC is doing this on purpose, nor out of spite. I can’t speculate on why it is, but it is.
- Chastity Belt reverted 12/9/13
- EC still selling it on iBooks as of today, 10/27/14. (Update for 10/28/14: It’s down.)
I have my own legitimate re-issue of Chastity Belt,
available in ebook, paperback, and audiobook.
This is what it looks like: